Posts for tag: Arthritis
Do you have an ache in your joints that just won't go away and fluctuates in intensity?
Arthritis is a form of joint pain or joint disease and can be debilitating. There are several types of arthritis but your Edmonton, AB, chiropractors, Dr. Christopher Oviatt and Dr. Michelle Martinook, can help.
As one of the leading causes of disability in the USA, arthritis affects people of different ages, sexes, and races, but is more common amongst women and the elderly, according to the Arthritis Foundation.
Arthritis is not well understood and symptoms are inconsistent, and vary in intensity. Here are some symptoms to keep an eye out for:
- Decreased range of motion
Severe arthritis has its own set of symptoms, according to your Edmonton chiropractor:
- Chronic pain
- Inability to do daily activities
- Difficult to walk or climb stairs
- Permanent visible joint changes, like knobby finger joints
Types of Arthritis
Different arthritis affects different parts of the body, like the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys, and skin. Here are a few types of arthritis and what they impact:
- Fibromyalgia, a slew of symptoms including: chronic pain, fatigue, memory problems, and mood change
- Gout, an inflammatory arthritis affecting people who have a high concentration of uric acid
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease that impacts several organs, such as joints, kidneys, skin, or brain
- Osteoarthritis, the breakdown of the cartilage between joints
- Osteoporosis, it's when bone tissue is broken down faster than it's replaced
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks joints
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's when the nerve that travels from your forearm to the palm is squeezed at the wrist.
- Lyme Disease, it's an infection caused by bacteria found in deer ticks, and if contracted and not treated early, may lead to severe issues.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call your Edmonton, AB, chiropractors, Dr. Oviatt and Dr. Martinook, today! You can reach them at their office's number: (780) 457-3621.
Don’t let arthritis pain get you down. Find out how getting chiropractic treatment in Edmonton, AB can help.
If you’ve been diagnosed with arthritis and are looking for alternative ways to handle your pain and discomfort then it’s time you turned to one of our
Chiropractors to find out how we can provide the relief you’ve been looking for. We can easily become part of your existing treatment plan to accommodate your needs and improve mobility and function. Find out the many ways chiropractic care can improve your arthritis.
What are the warning signs that I might have arthritis?
Not sure that your symptoms are actually that of arthritis? If you haven’t received a proper diagnosis from a doctor this is the first step you need to take. Common symptoms of arthritis include:
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Swelling of the joints
- Reduced range of motion
- Skin redness around the affected joints
- Loss of appetite
Not everyone experiences all of these symptoms. There are over 200 different kinds of arthritis. Your symptoms may be mild or severe. You may notice that symptoms are worse during the morning and get better throughout the day. Everyone is different so when you start to notice any changes it’s always a good idea to get a medical evaluation.
How can our Edmonton chiropractic doctor help?
Many forms of arthritis can benefit from chiropractic care and many people should consider getting regular chiropractic treatment. Osteoarthritis is one common form of arthritis that can benefit greatly from what therapies we offer.
Because chiropractic is focused on the health and mobility of the joints it’s no surprise that it can help those with arthritis. Through spinal manipulation we can correct alignment issues. Misaligned vertebra can put unnecessary pressure on certain joints and nerves on the body. Through manual manipulation we can put these vertebra back in place to improve healing and to reduce pain and inflammation.
Other options that could help your arthritis symptoms include:
- Therapeutic exercises
- Physical therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Trigger point treatment
- Laser therapy
Don’t let arthritis dictate how you live your life. Get the chiropractic care in Edmonton, AB that you deserve. Call Castledowns Chiropractic Clinic today.