Physical injury and emotional stresses impact your body more than you may realize. At Castledowns Chiropractic Clinic in Edmonton, AB, CA, we offer massage therapy as a stand-alone service or combined with advanced chiropractic techniques. Dr. Michelle Martinook and Dr. Christopher Oviatt use massage therapy to optimize comfort and range of motion and to relieve the tension and anxiety which accompanies many spinal health conditions.
What is massage therapy?
Performed in our Edmonton, AB, office, massage therapy is a hands-on service that manipulates the muscles and fascia (connective tissues) associated with the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions of the spinal column.
Our doctors of chiropractic use both hands-on and traction techniques to:
- Eliminate or limit chronic or acute episodes of pain and muscular soreness
- Quicken rehab after an injury related to sports or a motor vehicle accident
- Relieve both muscular and emotional tension
- Increase an overall sense of well-being
What happens during the massage?
Massage therapy involves various deep tissue strokes, pressure, vibration, cupping, and even more. Sessions are individualized according to patient need and preference, medical history, and current diagnosis. You may have a brief massage before chiropractic treatment, or a stand-alone session may last up to an hour. You and your chiropractor will discuss what therapy is best for your unique situation.
Additional benefits of massage therapy
MedicineNet cites several well-documented benefits of massage, including:
- Release of brain-based endorphins, such as serotonin, which elevate mood and feelings of well-being and relaxation
- Relief of lower back pain, one of the most common problems chiropractors treat
- Reduction of blood pressure and heart rate
- Blocking of pain signals from the injured area to the brain
- Prevention of injury and chronic illness
Massage benefits patients of all ages and walks of life--even children and babies. It addresses a wide range of health conditions from arthritis to TMJ (jaw joint dysfunction) to impaired circulation.
At Castledowns Chiropractic Clinic, our chiropractors and their caring staff work hard to provide the most comprehensive back and spine services in the Edmonton, AB, area. Learn more about their practice, including massage therapy, and how you can feel and function at your very best. Call us for an individualized consultation with Dr. Oviatt or Dr. Martinook: (780) 457-3621.