Posts for: April, 2018
Do you have an ache in your joints that just won't go away and fluctuates in intensity?
Arthritis is a form of joint pain or joint disease and can be debilitating. There are several types of arthritis but your Edmonton, AB, chiropractors, Dr. Christopher Oviatt and Dr. Michelle Martinook, can help.
As one of the leading causes of disability in the USA, arthritis affects people of different ages, sexes, and races, but is more common amongst women and the elderly, according to the Arthritis Foundation.
Arthritis is not well understood and symptoms are inconsistent, and vary in intensity. Here are some symptoms to keep an eye out for:
- Decreased range of motion
Severe arthritis has its own set of symptoms, according to your Edmonton chiropractor:
- Chronic pain
- Inability to do daily activities
- Difficult to walk or climb stairs
- Permanent visible joint changes, like knobby finger joints
Types of Arthritis
Different arthritis affects different parts of the body, like the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys, and skin. Here are a few types of arthritis and what they impact:
- Fibromyalgia, a slew of symptoms including: chronic pain, fatigue, memory problems, and mood change
- Gout, an inflammatory arthritis affecting people who have a high concentration of uric acid
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease that impacts several organs, such as joints, kidneys, skin, or brain
- Osteoarthritis, the breakdown of the cartilage between joints
- Osteoporosis, it's when bone tissue is broken down faster than it's replaced
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks joints
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's when the nerve that travels from your forearm to the palm is squeezed at the wrist.
- Lyme Disease, it's an infection caused by bacteria found in deer ticks, and if contracted and not treated early, may lead to severe issues.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call your Edmonton, AB, chiropractors, Dr. Oviatt and Dr. Martinook, today! You can reach them at their office's number: (780) 457-3621.